English 1 w/ Mr. Chris
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Mr.Chris
Admin
https://eng-1.forumotion.com

First Task Empty First Task

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:49 pm
Hello ladies and gentlemen! Welcome to Grade 10 at Sekolah HighScope Indonesia TB Simatupang. I am looking forward to a fantastic year with all of you, and it is my hope and dream that each and every one of you feel welcomed in this class at all times. I want us to think of one another as family as we will need good relationships with one another to ensure everyone's success. Our target Learner Outcomes (LO) in this course are Expert Thinking and Audience-centered Communication. However, we will also endeavor to achieve the remaining 6 LO throughout our time together. For your first task, I would like for everyone to take a few minutes to introduce yourselves. Please give your name, nickname, age, place of birth, hobbies & interests, and what you expect to gain from this course during the 2019-2020 school year. I look forward to reading all of your intros and hearing them during our first class session in a few days.
Mr.Chris
Admin
https://eng-1.forumotion.com

First Task Empty Chris England

Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:49 pm
Hello! My name is Chris England, but you can call me Mr. Chris. I am 34 years old, and I was born in California, USA. However, I only lived in California for a short time when I was very young. I actually grew up close to the beach in the East coast state of Florida. I started teaching English as a second language in 2011 after I earned my TESOL certification in Quito, Ecuador. Ecuador is a beautiful country and I really enjoyed my time there. However, I left after just 1 year and moved to Bogor, Indonesia shortly thereafter. I began working for EF English First in Taman Yasmin where I quickly became the senior teacher and the Business English/CLT Coordinator. After resigning from EF in 2016, I earned my bachelor's degree in English Language Learner Studies with Ashford University in 2017. For the last few years, I have been working from home while at the same time enjoying being a new father. I am married to an Indonesian woman, who is also an English teacher, and we have two beautiful children together; our daughter's name is Aurora and our son's name is Orion. This is my first year teaching with Sekolah HighScope and I cannot express how excited I am to be back in the classroom. I can't wait to meet all of you, and I hope that we can work together to make this year unforgettable. cheers
Brigitta

First Task Empty Brigitta

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:58 am
Hi my name is brigitta kezia eijileen, you can call me brigitta or brig for short. I was born in jakarta and Im 15 years old. My hobby is to annoy my friends and for english this year i expect to be more fluent in english.
sabriyya

First Task Empty biyya

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 am
hi, my name is sabriyya kanaya pratita hendrajanto, you can call me biyya. i’m 15 years old born in jakarta. my hobby is listening to music, watching movies or tv shows, and i also like to travel to new places and experience new and different things. for english this year, i want to improve my writing skills and improve my reading analysis.
Gibran

First Task Empty Iban

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:03 am
Hello my name is muhammad gibran fernadri or you could call me iban i’m 15 years old i was born on july 16 2004 in Jakarta My hobbies are playing basketball,playing video games,cooking ,etc
I look forward to be a lot better at reading writing and speaking in english.
justinkellner

First Task Empty justinkellner

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:04 am
hey my name is justin kellner you can call me justin,im16 year old i was born in indramayu west java, i like to play instrument,my expectation to be more better in english
fazila azzahra

First Task Empty fazila

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 am
hello my name is fazila azzahra you can call me zila or fazila. i was born in 4th february 2004, my hobby is reading, fangirling and watching movies. i hope that i can speak english better and i can improve my previous grade in english class
Doyeon

First Task Empty Hi

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:05 am
Hi! My name is Song Do Yeon, you can call me do yeon. Im 15 and i like to watching youtube and instagram. I like to shopping with my friends and i like to make up. Im korean but i born in indonesia. I can speak more than 2 languages. I am expecting to gain more reading habbits. When i bored, i really like to play with my dog.
keisha

First Task Empty introduction :)

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:06 am
Hi! my name is Keisha Dira Khansa, i was born in Jakarta, 21st September 2004 which makes me 14 now. i am a10th grader in Sekolah High Scope Indonesia and majoring in Business and Information Technology. my hobbies include watching any interesting documentaries on youtube, watching horror movies, etc. i am expecting to gain improvement and knowledge about english literature and while doing that, i am hoping that i could expand my creativity to become a better writer as well. i also want to build a better reading habit.
Maxnathan

First Task Empty Introduction

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 am
my name is Nathan Demetrius Silaen, my nickname is Nathan, my birth is 6th, December 2003 and lived in Jakarta, my hobbies are playing Video Games and boxing. What I expect to gain from this course during 2019-2020 school year is good reader and knowing all vocabulary that i didn’t know.
Syafira1611

First Task Empty Syafira

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:07 am
Hi, My name is Syafira, but lately I prefer to be called 'Della', a childhood nickname given to me by my aunt who wanted to shorten my middle name. I'm fifteen turning sixteen in November. I was born in Jakarta in 2003. My hobbies include drawing, reading, writing stories and poetry (I'm on writers block right now), singing and playing instruments. My interests are History (ancient cultures,WW1&2) , Astronomy, Music, Cryptozooligy, Paleontology, mythology, video games, and literature (preferably Fiction). What I expect to gain is just more knowledge and experience in literature. If I were to be specific, I want to learn/improve my essay writing skills and storytelling my skills as well.
Layla_kf

First Task Empty Layla

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:08 am
Hello, my name is Layla Kaashifah Firdaus, but people just call me Layla. I am fourteen years old turning fifteen this October. I was born in Jakarta in 2004. My hobbies are drawing, reading and collecting various items that I find pretty. My interests are history (ancient cultures, WW2), mythology, paleontology, and a bit of video games. What I would like/expect to gain from this class is to improve my writing skills in essays and stories as well as my confidence in presenting.
Alishya Kinanda Putry

First Task Empty Sashya’s bio

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:09 am
Hello, my full name is Alishya Kinanda Putry but most people call me sashya. I was born in Jakarta on August 20 2004. I’m a very social person and because of that i like to go out with my friends alot. I love to eat, sleep, and play the instruments. I’m known as the most laziest person from all of my friends but sometimes i can be the most diligent too. I want to improve my writing skills and gain/learn new words/vocabulary
keziaandreana

First Task Empty Kezia

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:10 am
Hello! My name is Anak Agung Ayu Kezia Andreana Satyawati, but you can call me Kezia for short. I am 15 years old and I was born and raised in Jakarta. I enjoy listening to music, playing an instrument,  and I'm interested in movie making as well. My goal this year is to have a positive mindset and make my parents proud by getting good grades in school. What I'm looking forward to this year is to read more books, improve my grammar and spelling, and improve my writing skills. I hope this class will be an enjoyable class. Smile
aqilahsilvia

First Task Empty Lala

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:11 am
Hello, my name is Aqilah Silvia Laksmana, but to make it easier, just call me Lala. I was born on the 15th of October, 2004, and that'll make me 15 this year. I enjoy listening to music, drawing, playing rhythm games and reptiles. I expect myself to improve my writing skills, along with my grammar and spelling. I also hope that can achieve good grades from this class. I'm looking forward to this and hope that it'll be a fun class :>
althea16

First Task Empty Althea

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:12 am
Hi! My name is Althea Ariawan, but people call me Althea. I'm 15 years old, born on the 16th of February 2004. I was born in Jakarta, and have lived here ever since. My hobbies and interests include watching animal related documentaries and reading up about the astrological and metaphysical field. I also enjoy learning about language and literature, hence I am very looking forward to be gaining more knowledge which I could use to practice and improve on my English skills (including writing and speaking) in this class.
Gio Hahijary

First Task Empty Gio

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:12 am
My name is Giorgio Gamaliel Hahijary but you can call me Gio. I'm 15 years old and I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia. My hobbies are photography, basketball, music, and games. I am expecting to gain more knowledge about how to write a proper non-fiction and fiction.
Steffie

First Task Empty Steff's intro

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:13 am
Hi! My name is Steffie Safiyya Sasikirana, but you may call me Steff...ie, so its not Stephanie, just Steffie like the tennis player back in the day I'm sure you hadn't heard about who she is, neither do i. I was born in 22nd of September 2004 so that makes me 14 years old today. I really like to draw and learn new languages, currently learning French so that i could move to Canada. I'm really hoping that i could be better at grammar and spelling since i suck at remembering how to spell this and that and how to write things i don't know. I'm looking forward that we can get along together for the next few years, so thank you for reading my entry ha.
adristshira

First Task Empty Adristi Shira Nariswari Hardjanto

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:14 am
Hey! My name is Adristi Shira Nariswari Hardjanto, but people usually call me Shira. My birthday is on the 24th of January which means that I'm 15 years old this year! I was born in Jakarta, and I have lived here for my whole entire life basically! My hobbies and interests includes reading books (mainly non fiction) about politics, socio-politics, and even philosophy!
Other than reading, I also like watching various documentaries. (fyi  like kpop ehehe). My expectations for this academic year on english class is that I am able to fulfil and extend my English proficiency as well as my vocabulary.
gabbytangka

First Task Empty gabby

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:15 am
hey mr.chris, my name is gabrielle anindya putri tangka and you can call me gabby. I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia on july 19th. one of my favorite subject that i actually enjoy doing is english, because it’s very fun and i can learn a lot of new things. one of my favorite hobbies is to listen to music, go shopping, spend time with my family and friends. I’m really excited to learn english with you this year to expand my knowledge about english, and i hope this year will go well Smile
dianyca

First Task Empty dianyca putri suntoro

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:10 am
Hello!! I was born as Dianyca Putri Suntoro on the 23rd of September, 2004 in Jakarta. I am usually called Dianyca, but i figured it would be hard for you to call me that so I would respond if you call me Diane. I like to play music, write some songs of my own, and I also like to be scared of letting other people listen to it, so yes. I like writing too, its fun. I really wish this class would help me improve my writing skills 🤠
Erlangga Pratama Hartoto

First Task Empty Angga's Intro

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:11 am
Hi my name is Erlangga Pratama Hartoto, as you can tell my name is Angga. I was born in Bandung on 21st of July, 2004 which means I am currently 15 years old, yes, 15. I like to surf the internet and search stuff such as cars, phones and maybe even historical events or geography. I hope that in this year I would be better at English class for my 10th Grade and hope I didn't fail. I expect that by the time I finished this grade I would be able to understand several things such as poetry and literature.  Very Happy  Good Luck, thanks for taking your attention Very Happy
eleanor

First Task Empty eleanora caliandra verinka

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:12 am
Hello everyone! My name is Eleanor but u can call me El for short. I was born in Jakarta, Indonesia. I am currently 15 years old. My hobbies include reading and binge-watching tv shows on Netflix. I also play basketball at times with my friends even though I have not played in about 5 months. I am also a big Marvel fan so feel free to talk to me about anything Marvel-related. Also do not disrespect Tom Hiddleston in front of me, thank you very much. I expect to be so much more fluent in English than I already am, to expand my literature limits and to read so much more classics with the help of my hopefully expanded vocabulary. queen queen
amanda widyadhana

First Task Empty amanda widyadhana

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:13 am
Hi everyone! My name is Amanda Widyadhana, but you can call me Amanda. I was born in Jakarta and I am currently 15 years old. My hobbies and interests include drawing, painting, and I also enjoy fangirling over Marvel. So if you wanna talk to me about Marvel, go ahead. Other than that, I am also interested in reading during my spare time, and weirdly enough, I like to learn. Please don't come at me, but learning is lowkey fun. I'm also a huge meme enthusiast and I highkey wanna raid area 51 (if you're interested, it's gonna happen on September 20th). I hope I can gain more confidence when I'm speaking in public, or sharing ideas and I also want to be able to create more bonds with other people in this class. That's all!
danniardian

First Task Empty danni bio

Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:14 am
Hello! My name is Muhammad Danni Lasyaputra Ardian, you can call me Danni. I am a grade 10 student at Sekolah Highscope TB Simatupang Indonesia. My birthday is on the 12th of December 2003 which means I am on my way to 16 years of age! I was born in Jakarta Indonesia and I have lived my whole entire life in this lovely city. My hobbies are playing basketball, badminton, football, and swimming from here you get it right? I like sports. Other than sport my hobbies are eating spicy food and playing the piano. What I expect from this course are a lot of reading and writing-related topics are poetry and essays. I am really excited about this semester English and I hope that I can perform well on all aspects of this course and make a good relationship with Mr. Chris Smile
Sponsored content

First Task Empty Re: First Task

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum